How to Deal with Betrayal


 know this isn’t a beauty or fashion related post, but I felt like a lot of people have to deal with this on a regular basis, and it affects you on so many levels. We have all been betrayed at some point, and in various different ways, so this is my guide to dealing with those feelings of sadness and the problems related to the betrayal that you may encounter after.  
The feeling that someone has let you down, especially when you feel you didn’t deserve it, is one of the most profound and horrible feelings you could ever experience. The feeling that you aren’t good enough even though you gave your all, and knowing that there is nothing you can do to change the situation that you are in seems to make your feelings just that bit harder to deal with. 
But you don’t have to feel this way, you are not in the wrong. You may think to yourself ‘I could have done better, tried harder, I could have stopped this’, but there is only one person to blame…and it’s not you.
If there is one thing I have learnt over the past few years - it’s that no matter what happens..things do get better. I went through a stage where I was so sad, lonely and afraid I would never overcome those feelings, but after time - you will learn that not everyone is going to hurt you or let you down. 
Whether it is a relationship, friendship or a family issue, you come to realize that not everyone is as nice as you. And if you feel you can’t forgive those who have betrayed you - you don’t have to. 
For myself personally, I couldn’t seem to overcome the thought that when I was hurting so much, that those people could carry on with their lives as if nothing happened, like they just didn’t care or that they felt good about what they did. 
That may be the case for some, but to find inner peace, I had to realize that I am a great person, and I will become a better version of myself after this. Forget what that person is doing, because you are better off - simply because you know that you would never do that to another human being. You would never intentionally hurt someone to the point where they feel their life is worthless. And that’s why you will come up tops in the situation.
Things do get better, and I can only hope that even though you may feel so upset at the moment, sooner or later you won’t care what that other person is doing, and you will be happy and content with your own life. 
In the mean time - when things seem too much, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Opening up to someone can always help ease the pressure building up.
Samaritans also help with situations like this, so if you feel you do need to talk to someone, give them a call.


0 comments:

Post a Comment