Clarins Everlasting Foundation AKA The Holy Grail Foundation


This foundation is definitely my holy grail product. I have been using this foundation since I was fifteen and I haven’t stopped loving it. My friend Gem will agree, that the relationship with me and this foundation is unbreakable. 
Where do I start?! Firstly, I must say that I have had such trouble in the past with foundation. I don’t know what it is, but I am so picky when it comes to coverage and lasting power. I have noticed that most foundations just do not compare to this one in my eyes.I find that price isn’t so much a problem for me once I have discovered a foundation that works for me!
It is a medium to build able coverage, with 15 hours wear time. It’s great for combination skin like mine, as it doesn’t make the skin look oily, and doesn’t cling to dry patches. It lasts for a long time if you keep topping up with a setting powder, and the finish is stunning. 
I have the shade 103 ivory, and it is the perfect tone for my skin. Not to mention the fact it has SPF15, which is always a bonus in summer! 
As far as consistency goes, it is quite a thick foundation, so if I am feeling particularly conscious about my skin, I always need just an extra pump just to create a full coverage. 
The smell is lovely, it very much reminds me of watermelons! and considering most high end brands use a bottle with no pump, this one does - making it extra easy to get out of the glass bottle without any over-spill. 
It comes in a 30ml glass bottle, which brings me to one of the only downsides to this foundation - it is not designed for travel. We have all had those times where we open our makeup bag after travelling, to find our glass bottle of foundation has smashed and covered the entire contents of our makeup collection. Not good. 
The other downside to this is that once you start to run low, it is quite difficult to get the last remaining bits of foundation out of the tube. I feel that with plastic foundation bottles, you can cut them to get out the last of the product, however with this glass bottle, it makes it very hard work (lots of trapped pinkie fingers!). 
Aside from that, I absolutely LOVE this foundation and I highly doubt that any other could take it’s place. 
It costs £27.00, and It’s worth every penny in my eyes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment