Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.

As I have previously explained in my description bar, I will be adding things to this blog about my daily life. Not only in hopes of overcoming the issues I’m currently dealing with, but to help those who are also fighting an up hill battle. 
As the title of this blog explains, I go by the motto that you should treat others how you would expect them to treat you, and I feel I do a good job at this. 
Unfortunately, within your life time you will come across genuinely nasty people, and if you’re like me - you are too shy or “nice” to defend yourself. 
The reason I am writing this blog post is because today I had an experience which I would hope no one else would have to put up with. The issue of weight and particularly female weight has been an issue for a long time now…and as a female I feel like we should stick together and not slate each other. Although we are trying to overcome the stigma that females should be skinny or thin, there are still a lot of people who will use your size as something to put you down for. 
I myself am struggling with the whole self-confidence/body-confidence thing, and I would hope that one of these days I can overcome that feeling of disgust when I look in the mirror. 
Those people who make you feel low, angry at yourself, or even worthless are NOT the people you should listen to. “Those who mind don’t matter, and those that matter don’t mind”.
Accept yourself for the beautiful person you are, and don’t let other people dictate your life. If you are thin, embrace it! if you have curves - embrace that too! We are all made different, and we are all deserving of love and confidence. 
As the famous saying goes “A tiger doesn’t loose sleep over the opinion of sheep”. 
Be yourself, and those who deserve your love and friendship will follow.


0 comments:

Post a Comment